Sunday, February 5, 2012

Muddled Thoughts--As Usual.

I never realized how much fear really does effect our lives. Everyday almost every choice we make based on our level of fear. We place it aside to take chances, we let it hold us back, we live through it daily, we embrace it. Fear holds us back, it keeps us going.

As I make cupcakes I debate whether I should add more butter because some of it might have melted when i was trying to defrost it and not made it in. Did I just put two eggs in or three? These fears that I've done something wrong drive me to either fix it or just go with it. I just went with it.

The fear we've made a mistake is the biggest we have. With the lingering possibility of mistakes at every turn we are cautious at everything we do.  We're afraid to walk off the path because it might lead to something we regret.

Mistakes, however, let us know what we do not want, what we should not do, and what is not right for us. Without knowing what is wrong we cannot know what is right. That's why teachers circle our mistakes, why mothers correct our misbehaviors, and God directs us another way when we are down. It's hard for us to really let sink in that NO mistake is unfixable. No sin is unforgivable, and nothing is finished unless you let it be.

Mistakes are for those who have regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment